Desc of Functions

From: "DB(at) ADM" <db2adm(at)davlin(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Desc of Functions
Date: 2002-04-29 08:28:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Everybody ,
I am new to the postgres and was excited to see the features of postgres.
I want the document for all the available functions in postgres . Could any
body help me out ...
i have given the following query on the prompt..

psql==> \df

if gives me the list of all the functions with the return values and the
arguments ... but i am not able to make out what a particular function
actuall does ...
Regards
Yogesh