Re: building pdfs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: building pdfs
Date: 2014-07-26 18:14:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is there any standard set of packages on any supported platform that
> will allow for building the doc PDFs? So far I have not found one on
> either Fedora 20 or Ubuntu 14.04, but maybe I'm missing something.

On either Fedora or RHEL, installing the "authoring tools" package group
(not quite the right name, but it's close) has worked for me for many
years. I've not bothered to figure out what the minimum required subset
of that might be.

Not sure what the Debian equivalent is, but borka/guaibasaurus is able to
build the docs, so the packages certainly are available. Peter might have
a better idea.