Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Date: 2004-02-28 23:59:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On Feb 28, 2004, at 4:56 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Alexey Borzov wrote:
>>
>> Horde is under LGPL. I am not a license guru, so please tell me
>> whether
>> it is OK to use parts of it.
>
> It is not. LGPL requires that any changes we make be published, and we
> currently don't have that resetriction with our BSD license.

I am not 100% sure but, if you need a class (e.g. a php pear class)
which is released under e.g. php license you can certainly use it
regardless of what your license policy is unless you plan to modify it
and redistribute it under a difference license.

The same would apply for a CPAN module, there are released under
artistic license isn't it ?

If we take a class and extend it that should just be as fine as we are
using it. What exactly are you planning to use from Horde?
the mirror ip to country is a rather basic script (if you use the same
one used at php.net) and doesn't even need a class as far as I know..
http://www.php.net/source.php?url=/my.php )

Regards,
David Costa, PostgreSQL Advocate
david at postgresql ddoot org gurugeek att php dot net
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced(at)localhost/open_source_database';