Cygwin vs "win32" in configure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Cygwin vs "win32" in configure
Date: 2015-03-15 18:03:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Buildfarm member brolga seems unhappy with my commit 91f4a5a that
restricted port/dirmod.c to being built only on "Windows". Evidently
we need to build it when $PORTNAME = "cygwin" as well, which is fine;
but I'm a bit astonished that none of the other stuff inserted in the
"# Win32 support" stanza beginning at configure.in line 1440 is needed
for cygwin builds. Is that really correct, or am I misunderstanding
what's happening here?