Re: intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restore default priviliges on schema public

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: intentional or oversight? pg_dump -c does not restore default priviliges on schema public
Date: 2017-02-11 23:28:55
Lists: pgsql-general

> I'm not seeing a very simple answer for this, unfortunately.

I'm inclined to argue that it was a mistake to include any non-pinned
objects in pg_init_privs. The reason initdb leaves some objects unpinned
is exactly because they can be dropped and recreated, and that means
that their "initial" privileges are not static system properties.

We might need to fix pg_dump too, but I think these entries in
pg_init_privs should simply not be there.