Re: Fwd: Query parameter types not recognized

From: Jan de Visser <jan(at)de-visser(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Roberto Balarezo <rober710(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Query parameter types not recognized
Date: 2017-02-11 22:36:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday, February 10, 2017 6:46:08 PM EST David G. Johnston wrote:
> In short - this is the wrong list (pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org is the
> appropriate one; or the official GitHub repo) and you need to provide some
> working self-contained examples showing exactly what you are doing.​​
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Roberto Balarezo <rober710(at)gmail(dot)com>
>
> wrote:
> [snip]

One thing to note is that JDBC PreparedStatement objects are not abstractions
of pgsql prepared statements; the drivers performs parameter interpolation and
sends a standard text query to the server. At least this was how it was many
moons ago when I last hacked on the driver. So it's a case of different
concepts using the same name.

Not quite sure how that impacts your analysis.