Re: Database cluster?

From: Doug Semig <dougslist(at)semig(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database cluster?
Date: 2000-11-30 19:04:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I actually analyzed it once. I came to the conclusion that to do it right
it would be easier to make an almost entirely new db but use the same
external interfaces as PostgreSQL. To do a kludge of it, one might just
implement a tier that sits between the user and a bunch of standard
PostgreSQL backends.

It'd make a neat companion project, though. Like PG/Enterprise or
PG/Warehouse or something.

Doug