Re: AW: AW: [INTERFACES] Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
To: "Teulings, Tim" <Tim(dot)Teulings(at)materna(dot)de>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [INTERFACES] Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools
Date: 1999-11-09 01:38:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>We use DBTools and ODBC to access Informix and DBase, too,
>without any problem, so I think we *do* handle preparing
>correctly. For me it is more likely that the ODBC driver
>for postgres misses something!?

I have been using the driver for quite a while, using dynamic sql and the
'?' for parameter binding, so I know it all works, but obviously something
is going wrong for you.

>Is there someone out there who has more knowledge about
>what the postgres ODBC driver supports and what not.

Actually, I thought we might here from Byron, but maybe he is currently
unavailable. Byron knows the guts of the driver. Maybe I can help further.

>Is there any other thing I can do or log to make the
>case more clear?

It would help to also see the trace log. Turn on tracing in the odbc driver
manager. This file can get huge real quick & bring your app to it's knees,
so turn on tracing *just* before you think the offending ODBC call is about
to be made, then turn it off after you receive the ODBC error dialog. This
should just capture information that pertains to the problem. Zip up the
logs & send to me in a private email and I'll see if I can find anything.

Ken