Re: [sql] mysql vs. postgresql

From: "Christopher R(dot) Jones" <cj(at)interlog(dot)com>
To: sql(at)chalmers(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: mysql(at)lists(dot)mysql(dot)com, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sql] mysql vs. postgresql
Date: 1999-05-14 18:39:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

It really depends on the platform and interface you will be using. I am
just finishing a WEB application developed in NT and transfered to Unix. I
used HTML and Perl for displaying the data. I could not find a perl module
for postgresql for NT. With MySQL, the Perl CGI scripts transfered
directly from NT to Linux and Solaris.

You will also find the support from MySQL excellent. There is a large,
knowledgeable user base.

>This message posted by: "Raymond Hall H." <kovalski(at)ife(dot)org(dot)mx>
>
>Hello,
>
>Upon working on a huge database project (managing 332 electoral districts
>in Mexico) our team is facing the decision between MySQL and Postgresql.
>I'd really appreciate info (or pointers to) about comparisions &
>benchmarks between such programs.
>tnx & regards,
>Raymond
>
>sql.
>To unsubscribe from this list, send the message "unsubscribe sql" to the
address majordomo(at)chalmers(dot)com(dot)au

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465