Re: [HACKERS] LZTEXT for rule plan stings

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] LZTEXT for rule plan stings
Date: 2000-02-26 01:54:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 08:17 PM 2/25/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

>Really? That's interesting. Could you send me a test case
>(create table and create view commands)?

Normally, I wouldn't post the test case to the whole group
but figured folks might find this interesting. It's not all
that complex a table and the view of course is very simple.

Now...this is running on a snapshot from last weekend, just
before you fixed the pg_dump/reload problem associated with
column alias and views. I tried downloading the latest sources
via CVS and got bit by the "it don't compile" problem others
have complained about earlier today (ecpg). Here's the test
case:

create table ec_products (
product_id integer not null primary key,
sku varchar(100),
product_name varchar(200),
creation_date datetime default current_timestamp not null,
one_line_description varchar(400),
detailed_description varchar(4000),
search_keywords varchar(4000),
price numeric,
shipping numeric,
shipping_additional numeric,
weight float4,
dirname varchar(200),
present_p char(1) check (present_p in ('f','t')) default 't',
active_p char(1) check (active_p in ('f','t')) default 't',
available_date datetime default current_timestamp not null,
announcements varchar(4000),
announcements_expire datetime,
url varchar(300),
template_id integer,
stock_status char(1) check (stock_status in ('o','q','m','s','i')),
last_modified datetime not null,
last_modifying_user integer not null,
modified_ip_address varchar(20) not null
);

create view ec_products_displayable
as
select * from ec_products e