Problems accessing postmaster

From: José López Requena <jrequena(at)cc-ab(dot)uclm(dot)es>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems accessing postmaster
Date: 1999-01-11 08:43:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi! I've a problem when try to connect to the postmaster v 6.4.2 via psql
or via c program.
If I type psql template1 or the program executes the function call
PGsetdb(pghost,pgport,pgoptions,pgtty,"template1"),it returns the following
error message:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
pqReadData()--backend closed the channel unexpectly this probably means the
backend terminated before or while processing the request.

If someone knows why this happens...
Also, there are news groups about postgresql?,and in such case, what is the
news server?

Thanks!