Re: RFD

From: Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-general"(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFD
Date: 2004-11-05 05:41:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> I saw a post indicating a request for discussion on the creation of an
>> official big 8 newsgroup comp.databases.postgresql.general. According to
>> the notice this newsgroup already exists in google groups and is actively
>> being used. The discussion will be in news.groups.

I would like to point out that it is NOT creating a different group. It
will still be the same, and there will not be a split or anything. What
will happen is that the postgresql group will become legitimate, and
therefore all usenet servers will carry the group.

So this is a process that should have happened when the
comp.databases.postresql.* usenet groups were originally created. I'm
seeing a lot of support for this, except for one person (who seems to not
like me personally).

I would welcome people to read through news.groups and follow the postgresql
threads.

P.S. I am just posting this so people can review the RFD (request for
discussion) and please post any suggestions on improvements/likes/dislikes
so it can be made better. As not to distract the discussions away from the
normal topic, I will post to the postgresql groups no more than once per
week until it is time for the call for votes (CFV).