Re: Fwd: [BUGS] pg_trgm word_similarity inconsistencies or bug

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jan Przemysław Wójcik <jan(dot)przemyslaw(dot)wojcik(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Liudmila Mantrova <l(dot)mantrova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [BUGS] pg_trgm word_similarity inconsistencies or bug
Date: 2018-03-06 16:59:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On 3/6/18 7:04 AM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> I agree with Teodor (upthread, not quoted here) that the documentation
>> could use some editing.
>>
>> I started to do it myself, but quickly realized I have no knowledge of
>> the content.  I'm afraid I would destroy the meaning while updating the
>> grammar.
>>
>> Anyone understand the subject matter well enough to review the
>> documentation?
>
> Liudmila tried to improve docs in Alexander's patchset.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f43b242d-000c-f4c8-cb8b-d37e9752cd93@postgrespro.ru

This looks good to me with a few minor exceptions:

+ <function>word_similarity(text, text)</function> requires further
+ explanation. Consider the following example:

Maybe too verbose? I think "<function>word_similarity(text,
text)</function> requires further explanation." can be removed entirely.

+ string. However, this function does not add paddings to the

"add padding"

> BTW, adding Liudmila's message to commitfest task
> (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/17/1403/) doesn't work

Doesn't work for me either.

Alexander, can you post the final patches to the thread so they show up
in the CF app?

Thanks,
--
-David