Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Chengxi Sun <sunchengxi(at)highgo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns
Date: 2021-03-16 18:45:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/16/21 1:42 AM, Chengxi Sun wrote:
> The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> make installcheck-world: tested, passed
> Implements feature: tested, passed
> Spec compliant: not tested
> Documentation: not tested
>
> I tested the patch and it works well.

Was that my patch (i.e. the latest on this thread) or Ian's? It is not clear
since you did not CC me...

> And according to the comment, checking existence of relation and
> pg_class_aclcheck() won't influenced by concurrent DROP. So I think it's safe
> to just reorder the checking existence of column and
> pg_attribute_aclcheck().

"Code never lies, comments sometimes do"

That said, I did at least a basic test of that assumption and it seems to be true.

Ian, or anyone else, any comments/complaints on my changes? If not I will commit
and push that version sooner rather than later.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com