Re: Looking for way to replicate master db to multiple mobile databases

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Looking for way to replicate master db to multiple mobile databases
Date: 2009-09-25 02:50:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
> Le jeudi 24 septembre 2009, Selena Deckelmann a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Bryan Montgomery <monty(at)english(dot)net>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm looking for a way to replicate am master database to multiple (100+)
>> > databases that are taken in to the field. Currently for each laptop we
>> > dump and load the tables. However,there is only a small percentage of
>> > data that changes on a frequent basis.
>> >
>> > I've been looking around and come across pyerplica, londiste and bucardo
>> > - the documentation on most of these is fairly sparse. It seems that
>> > Bucardo may be the best bet - at least initially.
>>
>> Bucardo is a good choice for this usage model because it was
>> originally designed to work over a lossy network connections.
>
> yes, but isn't bucardo designed to 2 nodes only ?

No, definitely not! You can replicate to any number of systems. And
you can group them in whatever groups you'd like. Multi-master (as
Joshua said) only works between two nodes, but master->slave can be
from a master, to any number of slaves.

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work