rapid development utility for Postgres

From: Brian Hendrickson <brian(at)megapump(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rapid development utility for Postgres
Date: 2007-02-19 19:38:14
Lists: pdxpug

Hi, my name is Brian Hendrickson, I'm from Portland and founded
Megapump, Inc. to make productive and useful development tools for
building PostgreSQL and MySQL web apps with PHP.
Code Stylist combines schema information with dynamic code templates
to easily publish REST-style Web services and functional xhtml and
atom client application code. It can generate atom templates, xhtml
input forms, wml cards and more, and tie them into a working
application.

Part of the idea with these tools is to make PostgreSQL an option for
projects where Excel and Word are still typically used, thereby
making more data available and combinable.

Generated apps are driven by our open source PHP framework called
dbscript, feel free to try the examples at http://dbscript.net

Screencast
----------------
http://codestylist.com/screencast2/csdemofl.html

Screen Shots
http://codestylist.com/page3/page3.html

I would be very appreciative of any feedback or ideas about Code
Stylist and dbscript. These are new and still buggy and should be run
against a test database while exploring how this code works, it will
create several new tables in the database right away.

thank you for your time

Brian Hendrickson
Megapump, Inc.
503.358.7501