Re: failing to build preproc.c on solaris with sun studio

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: failing to build preproc.c on solaris with sun studio
Date: 2022-09-05 21:34:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> Why is this being proposed?

Andres is annoyed by the long build time of ecpg, which he has to
wait for whether he wants to test it or not. I could imagine that
I might disable ecpg testing on my slowest buildfarm animals, too.

I suppose maybe we could compromise on inventing --with-ecpg but
having it default to "on", so that you have to take positive
action if you don't want it.