Re: BUG #3795: pg_dump is mis-dumping columns containing line breaks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lou(at)paprikash(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3795: pg_dump is mis-dumping columns containing line breaks
Date: 2007-12-03 00:14:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> Maybe your test case involves letting Windows mangle the line endings?

On reflection, I'm sure that's exactly what's happening. I now remember
that one of the reasons for the old dump behavior was to make COPY data
a bit safer against line-ending mangling. I've reverted this rather
ill-advised change in behavior, and added a note in the code to
hopefully prevent anyone from making the same mistake again.