cfbot wrangling (was Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cfbot wrangling (was Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message)
Date: 2022-01-12 06:19:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> For this kind of situation I think that the usual solution is to use a
> .txt extension to make sure that the cfbot won't try to apply it.

Yeah ... this has come up before. Is there a documented way to
attach files that the cfbot will ignore?

Two specific scenarios seem to be interesting:

1. You are attaching patch(es) plus some non-patch files

2. You are attaching some random files, and would like to not
displace the cfbot's idea of the latest patchset.

I don't know exactly how to do either of those.