Re: Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum in log_autovacuum_min_duration

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Indicate anti-wraparound autovacuum in log_autovacuum_min_duration
Date: 2018-07-21 09:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

> Yes, a bit more verbosity would be nice for that. Using the term
> "anti-wraparound" directly in the logs makes the most sense?
I used "(to prevent wraparound)" to looks like reporting in pg_stat_activity. As far i can see currently we not using "anti-wraparound" for user messages.
On the other hand we using anti-wraparound in docs, so i can change wording.

> The patch could be made simpler by using empty strings with a single
> ereport() call.
How about proper translate in this case? Currently we translate full line "automatic vacuum of table \"%s.%s.%s\": index scans: %d\n" before ereport call.

regards, Sergei