Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Date: 2017-01-28 22:18:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> I spent awhile hacking on this, and made a lot of things better, but
> I'm still very unhappy about the state of the comments.

I made another pass over this, working on the comments and the docs,
and changing the view name to "pg_hba_file_rules". I think this version
is committable if people are satisfied with that name.

One loose end is what to do about testing. I did not much like the
proposed TAP tests. We could just put "select count(*) > 0 from
pg_hba_file_rules" into the main regression tests, which would provide
some code coverage there, if not very much guarantee that what the view
outputs is sane.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_hba_rules_15.patch text/x-diff 79.7 KB