Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG
Date: 2010-02-26 16:14:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:12:10PM +0100, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> Michael, can we try to install the first two patches?

> If I understood the rest of the thread correctly this is not needed anymore,
> right?

I think it would be a good idea, just to have all that code using
identical #includes. Rmi's problem may be a platform bug rather
than something we can fix ourselves, but I think that making sure that
ecpg uses the exact same coding that's been proven in the backend
will forestall problems on other platforms.