Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-core <pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date: 2015-05-29 20:37:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm personally kind of astonished that we're even thinking about beta
> so soon. I mean, we at least need to go through the stuff listed
> here, I think:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.5_Open_Items

Well, maybe we ought to call it an alpha not a beta, but I think we ought
to put out some kind of release that we can encourage people to test.
What you are suggesting is that we serialize resolution of the known
issues with discovery of new issues, and that's not an efficient use of
time. Especially seeing that we're approaching the summer season where
we won't get much input at all.