GDB X Postgresql 8 - Failed to read a valid object file image from memory

From: "Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida" <anacrl(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GDB X Postgresql 8 - Failed to read a valid object file image from memory
Date: 2008-05-02 02:02:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I tried to use GDB with postgresql 8 and I didnt have success.
Can you help me?
I tried like as I did in postgresql 7.4
I run configure like this: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql8
--enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend
After, I run "make", "make install", "initdb"
After this, I tried run gdb, but I dont enter in backend.
See this:
postgres(at)debian:/home/anacrl$ gdb postgres
GNU gdb 6.8
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/pgsql8/bin/postgres
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
LOG: database system was shut down at 2008-05-01 22:56:41 BRT
LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
LOG: autovacuum launcher started

So, I think that have something wrong (Failed to read a valid object file
image from memory).
Can you help me?
I tried run psql and attached process pid too, but no success. :-(

Thanks,
Ana Carolina