Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Date: 2018-01-11 09:55:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

>> patch -p1 gives some "Stripping trailing CRs from patch"
>> messages for me, but applied to current HEAD and builds. After
>
> Hmm. I wonder why I get that complaint so often. (It's rather
> common? or caused by the MIME format of my mail?) I'd say with
> confidence that it is because you retrieved the patch file on
> Windows mailer.
I use Debian and web based mailer. Hm, i wget patches from links here https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180111.155910.26212237.horiguchi.kyotaro%40lab.ntt.co.jp - applies clean both last and previous messages. Its strange.

Updated patches builds ok, but i found one failed test in make check-world: contrib/test_decoding/sql/ddl.sql at the end makes SELECT * FROM pg_replication_slots; which result of course was changed
And i still have no better ideas for naming. I think on something like
if (min_keep_lsn <= restart_lsn)
if (active_pid != 0)
status = "streaming";
else
status = "keeping";
else
status = "may_lost";
This duplicates an existing active field, but I think it's useful as slot status description.
wal_status streaming/keeping/lost/unknown as described in docs patch is also acceptable for me. Maybe anyone else has better idea?

Regards, Sergei