Re: Does pgAgent support chinese, japanese characters?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: a <372660931(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Does pgAgent support chinese, japanese characters?
Date: 2018-06-12 13:59:35
Lists: pgsql-general

"=?ISO-8859-1?B?YQ==?=" <372660931(at)qq(dot)com> writes:
> Hi I'm using pgAgent to set up daily or monthly tasks.
> I have tables that with the name of Chinese or Japanese. It runs ok in normal sql script, but report non-recognizable in pgAgent SQL jobs.

First guess is that client_encoding is getting set differently in the
pgAgent-initiated sessions than elsewhere, causing incorrect character set
conversions to happen.

> I'm using windows server 2008, pgsql 10, and pgAgent 3.4, may there be a way of supporting different languages??

... unfortunately, I don't know anything about how to adjust that
in Windows. A brute-force way would be to issue "set client_encoding"
in your scripts, but there may be a better way.