Re: All three packages ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: All three packages ...
Date: 2004-08-19 16:15:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

One other little problem with the 7.2.5 package: I see you rebuilt the
flex and bison output files with our current versions of those tools.
I think this is probably okay, but it changes the expected output of
some of the regression tests, eg

*** ./expected/strings.out Fri Jun 1 13:49:17 2001
--- ./results/strings.out Thu Aug 19 12:08:22 2004
***************
*** 17,23 ****
' - next line' /* this comment is not allowed here */
' - third line'
AS "Illegal comment within continuation";
! ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "'"
--
-- test conversions between various string types
--
--- 17,23 ----
' - next line' /* this comment is not allowed here */
' - third line'
AS "Illegal comment within continuation";
! ERROR: parser: syntax error at or near "'"
--
-- test conversions between various string types
--

A really paranoid person might complain that we have not adequately
tested that the 7.2 code base will work with the updated tools.

If you want to proceed, let me know and I'll commit the updated
regression outputs into the 7.2 branch, and then we can re-wrap.