Re: [HACKERS] psql commandline conninfo

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, List pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] psql commandline conninfo
Date: 2006-12-12 23:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Right. Here's the patch I just knocked up, which seems to Just Work (tm) ;-)

The main objection I can see to this is that you'd get a fairly
unhelpful message if you intended a conninfo string and there was
anything wrong with your syntax (eg, misspelled keyword). Maybe we
should go with the conn: bit, although really that doesn't seem any
less likely to collide with actual dbnames than the "does it contain
"="" idea. Anyone have other ideas how to disambiguate?