Re: Space Problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Eduardo Naschenweng" <eduardo(dot)naschenweng(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Space Problems
Date: 2004-03-16 21:00:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Eduardo Naschenweng" <eduardo(dot)naschenweng(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> Hi, I has a problem with a production database Postgres 7.1.2.

Ouch, that's pretty old (and not even the latest of the 7.1 series).

> The point is : I think some system table was corrupted.

Can you find any pg_class rows with OIDs matching those file names?
I don't think that 7.1 would ever change relfilenode on ordinary
tables, but it does do so for indexes if you REINDEX.

Also, how large is pg_log ($PGDATA/global/1269)? I'm wondering about
transaction ID wraparound, which was still an unsolved problem in 7.1.