Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node

From: Martin Sarsale <lists(at)runa(dot)sytes(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node
Date: 2004-03-16 21:38:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Can you do "select * from pg_user" in any of your databases, or does it
> fail the same way in all? If it fails in each database then I'd suspect
> some kind of version mismatch; if not then it's just corrupt in that
> particular database.

I've only 2 databases t(template1 and another one) and it didn't worked in any of them

Also, I couldn't create the alternate view, I get the same error:

xxx:~# psql -U postgres template1
ERROR: nodeRead: did not find '}' at end of plan node

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

template1=>
template1=> CREATE VIEW my_pg_user AS
template1-> SELECT
template1-> usename,
template1-> usesysid,
template1-> usecreatedb,
template1-> usesuper,
template1-> usecatupd,
template1-> '********'::text as passwd,
template1-> valuntil,
template1-> useconfig
template1-> FROM pg_shadow;
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block

Im running debian stable/testing, postgresql 7.3.2 with a "connect by prior" patch.

Thanks in advance

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:07:09 -0500

you can find my public PGP/GPG key at http://www.n3rds.com.ar/files/martin_sarsale.key