Re: is this a bug or I am blind?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Mage <mage(at)mage(dot)hu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Date: 2005-12-16 17:40:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> I don't know if this is related or not, but did the following issue
> from a year ago ever get resolved? We were wondering then if the
> Hungarian locale on some platforms might be causing problems.

AFAIR we never did figure that one out. I wasn't able to reproduce
it using RHEL, but the complainant was using SLES which might possibly
have had different Hungarian locale rules at the time. I'm not sure
how much those have changed across different releases of glibc.

Now that we see the mechanism for the problem, it might well explain
various odd reports we've gotten from people using a number of different
locales. I've tended to write these off as locale-vs-encoding pilot
error, but maybe they weren't all that.