Draft release notes for next week's releases

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Date: 2016-03-26 23:34:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've prepared a first cut at next week's release notes:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=29b6123ecb4113e366325245cec5a5c221dae691

(As usual, I will make the notes for older branches by extracting
relevant items from this list, after it's been reviewed.) Please
review. If you prefer to read it on the web, it should be up at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-5-2.html

in an hour or so, after guaibasaurus's next buildfarm run.

Probably the most discussion-worthy item is whether we can say
anything more about the strxfrm mess. Should we make a wiki
page about that and have the release note item link to it?