Re: Fixing order of resowner cleanup in 12, for Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixing order of resowner cleanup in 12, for Windows
Date: 2019-05-06 17:58:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Right. That's why I favor applying the change to move DSM cleanup to
> the end for now, and seeing how that goes. It could be that we'll
> eventually discover that doing it before all of the AtEOXact_BLAH
> functions have had a short at doing their thing is still too early,
> but the only concrete problem that we know about right now can be
> solved by this much-less-invasive change.

But Amit's results say that this *doesn't* fix the problem that we know
about. I suspect the reason is exactly that we need to run AtEOXact_Files
or the like before closing DSM. But we should get some Windows developer
to trace through this and identify the cause for-sure before we go
designing an invasive fix.