Re: PHJ file leak.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHJ file leak.
Date: 2019-11-11 22:24:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 1:24 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hello. While looking a patch, I found that PHJ sometimes complains for
>> file leaks if accompanied by LIMIT.

> Thanks for the patch! Yeah, this seems correct, but I'd like to think
> about it some more before committing. I'm going to be a bit tied up
> with travel so that might be next week.

At this point we've missed the window for this week's releases, so
there's no great hurry (and it'd be best not to push any noncritical
patches into the back branches anyway, for the next 24 hours).

Although the patch seems unobjectionable as far as it goes, I'd like
to understand why we didn't see the need for it long since. Is there
another call to ExecParallelHashCloseBatchAccessors somewhere, and
if so, is that one wrongly placed?