Re: starting the database server

From: "Nefnifi, Kasem" <Kasem(dot)Nefnifi(at)atosorigin(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: starting the database server
Date: 2004-11-30 16:49:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

but it has worked fine since the installation without any error until now and nothing has been changed in the system policy.
how it can something like this happened.
now the concrete solution, I've to follow the solution proposed in the log file.
which user should I use to start the database, if I take an only normal user, get the message error that I don't permissions, as administrator PostgreSql don't let me start the database. strange, because in all databases you've to be administrator to do something like except Postgresql.

what kind solution do you suggest to me and thx in advance.