regression results for AIX 4.2

From: "Riccardo Mottola" <multix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: regression results for AIX 4.2
Date: 2006-03-20 09:52:16
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hey guys,

after manually patching my float.h compilation on aix continued up to
the end. I run a "make check" and I see quite some failures! I don't
think it is safe to install and use th db this way? Do you want
further details to investigate some of these problems ?

============== creating temporary installation ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
running on port 55432 with pid 13646
============== creating database "regression" ==============
CREATE DATABASE
============== dropping regression test user accounts ==============
============== installing plpgsql ==============
============== running regression test queries ==============
parallel group (13 tests): name int2 float4 char text oid varchar
boolean int4 int8 float8 bit numeric
boolean ... ok
char ... ok
name ... FAILED
varchar ... ok
text ... ok
int2 ... FAILED
int4 ... ok
int8 ... ok
oid ... ok
float4 ... FAILED
float8 ... ok
bit ... ok
numeric ... ok
test strings ... ok
test numerology ... FAILED
parallel group (20 tests): path box point circle lseg polygon time
timetz date timestamp abstime reltime inet comments interval tinterval
timestamptz type_sanity oidjoins opr_sanity
point ... ok
lseg ... ok
box ... ok
path ... ok
polygon ... ok
circle ... ok
date ... ok
time ... ok
timetz ... ok
timestamp ... FAILED
timestamptz ... FAILED
interval ... ok
abstime ... FAILED
reltime ... ok
tinterval ... ok
inet ... FAILED
comments ... ok
oidjoins ... ok
type_sanity ... ok
opr_sanity ... ok
test geometry ... ok
test horology ... FAILED
test insert ... ok
test create_function_1 ... ok
test create_type ... ok
test create_table ... ok
test create_function_2 ... ok
test copy ... FAILED
parallel group (7 tests): constraints triggers create_misc
create_aggregate inherit create_operator vacuum
constraints ... FAILED
triggers ... FAILED
create_misc ... FAILED
create_aggregate ... FAILED
create_operator ... FAILED
inherit ... FAILED
vacuum ... FAILED
parallel group (2 tests): create_index create_view
create_index ... FAILED
create_view ... FAILED
test sanity_check ... FAILED
test errors ... FAILED
test select ... FAILED
parallel group (19 tests): select_into select_distinct
select_implicit select_distinct_on select_having union subselect case
aggregates join transactions random arrays portals btree_index
hash_index namespace update prepared_xacts
select_into ... FAILED
select_distinct ... FAILED
select_distinct_on ... FAILED
select_implicit ... FAILED
select_having ... FAILED
subselect ... FAILED
union ... FAILED
case ... FAILED
join ... FAILED
aggregates ... FAILED
transactions ... FAILED
random ... failed (ignored)
portals ... FAILED
arrays ... FAILED
btree_index ... FAILED
hash_index ... FAILED
update ... FAILED
namespace ... FAILED
prepared_xacts ... FAILED
test privileges ... FAILED
test misc ... FAILED
parallel group (6 tests): select_views portals_p2 rules foreign_key
cluster dependency
select_views ... FAILED
portals_p2 ... FAILED
rules ... FAILED
foreign_key ... FAILED
cluster ... FAILED
dependency ... FAILED
parallel group (14 tests): limit plpgsql copy2 rangefuncs temp domain
prepare without_oid alter_table conversion truncate sequence rowtypes
polymorphism
limit ... FAILED
plpgsql ... FAILED
copy2 ... FAILED
temp ... FAILED
domain ... FAILED
rangefuncs ... FAILED
prepare ... FAILED
without_oid ... FAILED
conversion ... FAILED
truncate ... FAILED
alter_table ... FAILED
sequence ... FAILED
polymorphism ... FAILED
rowtypes ... FAILED
test stats ... FAILED
test tablespace ... FAILED
============== shutting down postmaster ==============
pg_ctl: PID file
"/home/multix/postgresql-8.1.3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/postmaster.pid"
does not exist
Is postmaster running?

65 of 98 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

greetings,
Riccardo