Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date: 2020-01-04 18:19:28
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Meh. I must be too tired to get the regexp syntax right.

Looking closer, I see that your actual output included *both*
spaces and escape sequences between the table names, so it
needs to be more like the attached.

Also, I apparently misread the control sequences. What they
look like in the light of morning is

\e[0m Character Attributes = Normal (no bold, color, etc)
\e[K Erase in Line to Right

So now I'm thinking again that there must be something about
your colorized setup that triggers use of at least the first one.
But why didn't clearing the relevant environment variables
change anything?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
allow-escape-sequences-2.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB