Re: [HACKERS] Merging old man pages

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Merging old man pages
Date: 1999-07-17 21:47:21
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
> Do I guess correctly that we currently generate our production
> releases by actually doing a cvs checkout and then a "mini-build" of
> the system to generate the yacc/bison derived files?

Right.

> If so, we could
> consider doing the same sort of thing for the html and man products,
> but it (probably) makes this packaging process more fragile.

Less fragile than doing it by hand ;-). I'd say that's exactly the
way to proceed.

The shell script src/tools/release_prep contains the commands that
are executed (at hub.org) to prepare derived files for release.
Add whatever is needed to build the derived doc files, and we should
be set.

regards, tom lane