Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date: 2019-01-23 23:01:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> I have just spent a large amount of time testing the committed fix with
> a number of versions of gcc. It blows up on any compiler modern enough
> to know about _configthreadlocale

Bleah. Since the regular Windows buildfarm members seem happy, this
evidently means that MinGW's _configthreadlocale is broken in some way.

I suppose we could just remove the autoconf test and build without
_configthreadlocale on MinGW, but that's kind of sad ...

Perhaps there's some sort of setup that MinGW's version needs that
we're not doing?