Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple

From: Duncan Rance <postgres(at)dunquino(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple
Date: 2012-02-02 18:02:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On 1 Feb 2012, at 22:37, Duncan Rance wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2012, at 21:43, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> If you could post complete instructions for duplicating this, we
>> could probably find the cause fairly quickly.
>
> I've been on this for over a week now, and much of that has been trying to simplify the test case.

At last I have been able to reproduce this problem in a relatively simple (yet contrived) way.

I've put together a tarball with a few scripts, some to be run on the primary and others to be run on the hot-stanby. There's a README in there explaining what to do.

I'm going to try attaching it here, although I wouldn't be surprised if one is not allowed to send attachments to the list. Any suggestions of where to put it would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Duncan

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug_6425.tar.gz application/x-gzip 1.6 KB