Re: transactions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: luc neulens <luc(dot)neulens(at)acunia(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: transactions
Date: 2002-10-04 17:44:10
Lists: pgsql-general

"scott.marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, luc neulens wrote:
>> does any one know since when postgres supports transactions?

> For as long as I've been using it (since 6.5.x) and way before that I
> believe.

There is certainly transaction support in Postgres 4.2, the last
Berkeley release before Yu and Chen converted it from PostQUEL to
SQL language. I don't have any older versions to look at, but I
would assume that it was designed into Postgres from the beginning
(~ 1986). There's a short project history in the docs:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/history.html