Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT
Date: 2009-08-02 22:17:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> writes:
> Yes, and as I didn't have the time to install filterdiff I've attached
> a revision of your patch in git format which adresses the problem I
> mentioned, in a tarball also containing raw notes, tests, and
> regression.{out,diffs}.

Applied with assorted corrections, plus the just-discussed change of
syntax to SET STATISTICS DISTINCT.

> mqke check is failing on opr_sanity test in what looks like an
> ordering issue, but I didn't feel confident enough to adapt the .out
> to force the regression into passing.

Hmm, I saw no such change here, so I left the regression test alone.
It might be a platform-specific behavior, in which case the buildfarm
will soon tell us. If so, adding an ORDER BY to that query seems
like the right fix.