Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?

From: Shadar <shauldar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?
Date: 2009-06-12 10:54:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Guys,

I appreciate your intentions to treat this more flexibly in a future
release. But I'm not sure I got a reply to my original questions, about the
existing 8.3 version:

1. Am I correct in assuming that in my case the TOAST mechanism probably
results in a performance hit, not boost, and is there a way to measure this
impact?

2. How can I disable TOAST? Only by changing TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and
TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET in the include file and compiling a private version?

Thanks,

-- Shaul