Re: Sequence docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
Cc: August Zajonc <junk-pgsql(at)aontic(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sequence docs
Date: 2001-11-28 16:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org> writes:
>> How do user notes make it into the documentation proper.

> At the moment they don't. Afaik no one is taking those notes and folding
> them into the docs where appropriate.

I made a pass a week or two ago to incorporate notes where appropriate.
I did not go through the JDBC or ODBC sections, however, not feeling
competent to work on the documentation for those.

> It would be great if someone (or
> several people) want to do that, and it would be a nice project for
> anyone wanting to start contributing to PostgreSQL.

It'd be real nice if someone could look through the JDBC and/or ODBC notes
and submit documentation patches before 7.2 goes final.