Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date: 2013-01-14 16:56:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> this is very simple patch - it enables hidden_queries for commands
> \sf and \ef to be consistent with other describing commands.

So far as I can tell, get_create_function_cmd (and lookup_function_oid
too) were intentionally designed to not show their queries, and for that
matter they go out of their way to produce terse error output if they
fail. I'm not sure why we should revisit that choice. In any case
it seems silly to change one and not the other.

A purely stylistic gripe is that you have get_create_function_cmd taking
a PGconn parameter that now has nothing to do with its behavior.