Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations

From: "John Wang" <johncwang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Cc: "Lukas Kahwe Smith" <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations
Date: 2006-10-11 16:30:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On 10/10/06, Jim C. Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:34:17AM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> > John Wang wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.dev411.com/blog/2006/10/05/mysql-deployment-presentations
> > >
> > >I think presentations like these make people more confident about
> > >choosing and scaling with MySQL. Is there anything like these for high
> > >traffic/load sites for PostgreSQL?
> >
> > http://images.omniti.net/omniti.com/~jesus/misc/BBPostgres.pdf
>
> That should be added to http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/

Thanks Lukas and Jim. The OmniTI presentation is great and along the lines
that I'm looking for, presentations that are geared towards a technical
audience working on deploying and adminstering the database. The documents
at /about/casestudies seem more marketing oriented and less useful for
someone who has to roll up his/her sleeves. I purposely did not list
marketing case study material for MySQL because it's not as interesting for
me at the moment. I've added a link to the OmniTI presentation but left off
the marketing oriented brochures and white papers.

On a related topic, does anyone know of any high traffic Web 2.0 sites using
PostgreSQL (with or without presentations)? It seems like most of the high
traffc Web 2.0 sites use MySQL. It would be good to know if PostgreSQL is
deployed in situations with similar load profiles.

--
John Wang
http://www.dev411.com/blog/