Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Deployment Case Study Presentations

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Deployment Case Study Presentations
Date: 2007-02-21 03:10:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 12:30, John Wang wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Jim C. Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net> wrote:

> > > http://images.omniti.net/omniti.com/~jesus/misc/BBPostgres.pdf
> >
> > That should be added to http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/
>
> Thanks Lukas and Jim. The OmniTI presentation is great and along the lines
> that I'm looking for, presentations that are geared towards a technical
> audience working on deploying and adminstering the database. The documents
> at /about/casestudies seem more marketing oriented and less useful for
> someone who has to roll up his/her sleeves. I purposely did not list
> marketing case study material for MySQL because it's not as interesting for
> me at the moment. I've added a link to the OmniTI presentation but left off
> the marketing oriented brochures and white papers.

Sun has recently released a case study that was done with OmniTI
(http://www.sun.com/emrkt/srsc/postgresql.html) . Folks have mentioned
putting OmniTI on the website before; as this perticular case study focus's
on both solaris and postgresql, I am thinking of adding OmniTI under the
featured users list with a pointer to the pdf, as it fits in more with the
types of articles we have featured on that list. Any objections?

--
Robert Treat