Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jan Otto <asche(at)me(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply
Date: 2010-10-18 17:57:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I may be in the minority here, but I'm inclined to just apply this and
> move on.

FWIW, I agree with applying the code patch as-is, but I think we need to
consider the documentation. Specifically:

1. The first para of
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/isn.html
asserts that ISNs are "correctly hyphenated" on output. Given this
discussion, that statement clearly ought to be toned down. But how
shall we word it instead?

2. Does the bibliography at the bottom of the page need any updates?