Re: pg_dump bug fixing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump bug fixing
Date: 2004-07-19 14:44:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> I think that we should treat the public schema specially :)

We already are to some extent, since pg_dump will dump its comment and
privileges, which it would not do for any other predefined object.
I think this is actually an implementation artifact rather than
something that was explicitly intended at the time, but since no one
has complained about it, it's probably a good thing ;-)

Also, if we're going to apply Fabien's proposed patch to alter the
ownership of the public schema, that's still another way in which the
public schema becomes less like a system-defined object ...