Update question

From: Craig Addleman <CraigA(at)SHARECHIVE(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Cygwin (E-mail)" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Update question
Date: 2002-11-14 18:28:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

We have an application that uses Postgresql as a backend on tablet devices
deployed to various clients' remote environs. The Postgresql db communicates
and performs data synchronization with our central server periodically, over

wireless CDPD (read: very low bandwidth, realtime is ~7 kb / sec). Our
business model envisions many clients with 10 - 30 tablets each.
The issue is how can we update the cygwin Postgresql package? AFAIK the gui
setup.exe install is incompatible with a low bandwidth scenario. This is
especially important for our planned migration to the upcoming stable 7.3
release. Ultimately, we plan on moving the tablets to a Linux platform,
which will offer more maintenance possibilities, but for the time being,
we're stuck with the ugly prospect of sending one of our staff out to
perform on-site upgrades.
Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Craig Addleman
DBA
www.sharechive.com